· Security and State Policy. Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, 13th Annual Frank K. Kelly Lecture on Humanity's Future, Santa Barbara, CA, February 28, 2014.
· United Nations Speech on Palestine. U.N. Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People, New York, NY, October 14, 2014.
· Corporate business models are hurting American universities. Adjunct Faculty Association of the United Steelworkers of America, Pittsburgh, PA, October 10, 2014.
· Science, Mind, and Limits of Understanding. The Science and Faith Foundation (STOQ), The Vatican, January 2014.
· A Roadmap to a Just World -- People Reanimating Democracy. DW Global Media Forum, Bonn, Germany, June 17, 2013.
· The Truth About America's Secret, Dirty Wars. (with Jeremy Scahill and Amy Goodman), Harvard University, April 27, 2013.
· Violence and Dignity: Reflections on the Middle East. 2013 Edward Said Lecture, Friends House, London, March 18, 2013.
· Who Owns the World? University of Massachusetts at Amherst. September 2012.
· The Great Charter: Its Fate, Our Fate. The University of Saint Andrews. June 19, 2012.
· Revolutionary Pacifism: Choices and Prospects. City of Sydney Peace Prize Lecture, Sydney Town Hall. November 1, 2011.
· Language and the Cognitive Science Revolution(s). Carleton University. April 8, 2011.
· The State-Corporate Complex: A Threat to Freedom and Survival. University of Toronto. April 7, 2011.
· Academic Freedom and the Corporatization of Universities. University of Toronto, Scarborough. April 6, 2011.
· Contours of Global Order: Domination, Instability, and Xenophobia in a Changing World. Westerkerk, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. March 13, 2011.
· Human intelligence and the environment. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. September 30, 2010.
· US Foreign Policy in the Middle East. UNESCO Palace, Beirut, Lebanon. May 25, 2010. Traducción al castellano: La política de Estados Unidos en el Medio Oriente.
· Final Remarks, Istanbul Conference on Freedom of Speech. Istanbul Conference on Freedom of Speech, Istanbul, Turkey. April 10, 2010.
· Quo Vadis. Istanbul Conference on Freedom of Speech, Istanbul, Turkey. April 10, 2010.
· Power Hunger Tempered by Self-Deception. The Collège de France. May 28, 2010.
· The Radical Intellectual. The Haven Center, Madison, Wisconsin. April 8, 2010.
· "The evil scourge of terrorism": Reality, construction, remedy (Erich Fromm Lecture 2010). International Erich Fromm Society, Stuttgart, Germany. March 23, 2010.
· The Unipolar Moment and the Culture of Imperialism (Edward Said Memorial Lecture). Columbia University. December 3, 2009.
· Hopes and Prospects (Amnesty International Lecture). Belfast, Ireland. October 30, 2009.
· Human Rights in the New Millennium. London School of Economics and Political Science. October 29, 2009.
· The Unipolar Moment and the Obama Era. Versión en castellano: Guerra, drogas y política, elementos del mundo bipolar. Nezahualcóyotl Hall, National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), University City, Federal District, Mexico. September 21, 2009.
· The Responsibility to Protect. UN General Assembly, New York City. July 23, 2009.
· Crisis and Hope: Theirs and Ours (American Power and the New Mandarins 40th Anniversary Talk). Brecht Forum, Riverside Church, New York City. June 12, 2009.
· Modern-Day American Imperialism: Middle East and Beyond. Boston University. April 24, 2008.
· Historical Perspectives on Latin American and East Asian Regional Development. Mass Global Action. December 15, 2006.
· Just War Theory. U.S. Military Academy, West Point. April 20, 2006.
· Europe and America as Underwriters of the International Order. Institute of European Affairs. January 19, 2006.
· The War on Terror. Amnesty International Annual Lecture. January 18, 2006.
· The Future of Iraq and U.S. Occupation. International Relations Center. January 26, 2005.
· Nuclear Terror at Home. International Relations Center. January 25, 2005.
· Elections Run by Same Guys Who Sell Toothpaste. International Relations Center. January 25, 2005.
· The "War on Terrorism" and the New Rules of World Order. Antigonish, Nova Scotia. October 13, 2004.
· Doctrines and Visions: Who Is to Run The World, and How? University of Oxford. June 4, 2004.
· Biolinguistics and the Human Capacity. MTA, Budapest. May 17, 2004.
· On Negroponte's Appointment to Iraq Embassy. Cambridge Forum. April 29, 2004.
· After the War. Columbia University. November 20, 2003.
· Where's the Security in Bush's National Security Strategy? University of Florida. October 21, 2003.
· On Hegemony or Survival. Illinois State University. October 7, 2003.
· Confronting the Empire. III World Social Forum. February 1, 2003.
· On the Kent/Jackson State Killings. Kent State. May 4, 2000.
· On West Asia. University of California at Berkeley. March 21, 2002.
· A World Without War. II World Social Forum. January 31, 2002.
· Distorted Morality: America's War on Terror. Harvard University. February, 2002.
· Peering into the Abyss of the Future. Institute of Social Sciences, New Delhi. November 3, 2001.
· The New War Against Terror. MIT. October 18, 2001.
· Prospects for Peace in the Middle East. University of Toledo. March 4, 2001.
· "The other Davos". Attac. January 26, 2001.
· "The current crises in the Middle East: What can we do?" MIT. December 14, 2000.
· IRC 20th Anniversary Celebration Speech. International Relations Center. February 26, 2000.
· U.S. Middle East Policy. Columbia University. April 4, 1999.
· Power in The Global Arena. Amiel Lecture, London. May, 1998.
· Free Market Fantasies: Capitalism in the Real World. Harvard University. April 13, 1996.
· If the Nuremberg laws were applied... Radio Free Maine. Circa 1990.
· Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media. University of Wisconsin-Madison. March 15, 1989.
· American Foreign Policy. Harvard University. March 19, 1985.